Friday, March 11, 2005

Two things

One: Josh Marshall already posted this link on Talking Points Memo, but for those of you who don't read him, here it is. And for those of you who aren't going to read that, here's a little summary: Bush's Orwellian rhetoric has ramped up a notch, with his now claiming that his proposed "personal private add-on accounts-ization" (or something...I may have messed up that last part) are like a safety net for the riskiness of Social Security. The dude's seriously delusional.

Two: Either I should get a job doing this, or some of these political commentators have been plagiarizing from me. Again, I've been saying for a long time (and my dad can back me up on this, having had innumerable conversations with me on the subject) that the Social Security issue is much more about the ideology than the numbers, and that it's a case of those who like the idea versus those who don't. Well, turns out that's exactly what this article at The New Republic (also posted by Josh Marshall) says as well.

So now that I've got support in that opinion from both sides (AEI and TNR), that makes me correct, right?

Fargus...