- Ocean water has enough sand floating in it to fill up your pockets even if you never touch the ground.
- A digital camera will still work with sand in it, but only for so long.
- "Limited warranty" means they don't replace the camera for having sand in it. Dammit.
- They may be short, but jockeys can play some damn good volleyball.
- Johan doesn't know how to lob a baseball when we don't all have mitts (reference my aching right hand).
- Ladies in cowboy hats are generally not to be trusted.
- Marmite, the British version of vegemite, is disgusting.
- Durian, a fruit from Malaysia that's considered a delicacy, is also disgusting.
- The Island has taken product placement to a new low.
- Vietnamese food is awesome.
If you'd like me to elaborate on any of these, drop me a line or a comment.